Friday, June 24, 2011

Super Junior

So, Super Junior is this mega huge Korean boy band that all the kids adore. They are coming to play a concert tomorrow at a benefit show that is raising money for human trafficking awareness. Because Taw Saeng works with kids in a dangerous area, we are eligible for free tickets, so we are taking the middle school/high school group! Needless to say, they are *very* excited! So am I; I think it will be such a blast to take a bunch of kids to a concert, despite the fact that I will not know any of the bands playing.

Other things that happened this week: my Thai is slowly but surely improving despite my lack of studying. Today I added the word for "about" to my speaking vocabulary! I know, it's only one word, but it's progress nonetheless.


Teaching piano lessons is challenging in a different language, but still fun. The girls are starting to get it more and more. It's hardest teaching reading music for sure because I'm mixing Thai and English to explain it, but the problem is that the word for 4 in Thai is 'C' and that is also a not on the piano, so you see how it can be confusing!

I've been doing Thai lessons on Saturdays with Lucy now that she is in university classes all week long, and that has been lots of fun. It's nice because she is starting to tell me all these stories about her childhood and school and stuff, things that you don't get to know if you are limited by time constraints. It's nice to just have the whole morning and early afternoon to hang out together.

My English class has been fun lately. I have been missing one of my kids for two weeks now though, which is worrisome. I hope he is ok. I need to have Ning call his dad and find out why he has not been coming. I don't think he has anyone at home watching him while his dad works, so he may just be playing video games all day and that's not good for anyone!

I know I owe some pics of the new motorbike and helmet, but I just got a new camera (thanks to mom and dad!) so now I will finally have a way to take some pics and post them. I will hopefully be able to put some up of the concert too. So, more info and photos coming soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment